Wednesday, July 2, 2008

snap, crackle, pop

Who says that life is more precious when predictable? I am here as an expert on creating and managing chaos, to suggest that 's too sane.

To be joining the Grandma Moses group, and raise our almost 4 year old, is an oxymoron. How could I be so old and yet feel so young?

Could I have had a lobotomy to have failed to remember the trials and tribulations of raising Cain and his sibling! The normal tirades along with the psycho tirades, lead me to believe that I shall be doing psychobabble soon.

But when the sweet face of this child with whom we are summoned by the grace of the early morning, and the light of day, settles into the softness of the evening, we realize that we couldn't predict our joy and splendor that guards the innocence of our beautiful one.

We've made peace with the parents, and the life of this child is graced not threatened.

So it's onward to a new day! A new dawn. And that's where this last couple months have been headed.

Until I got the call from my thoughtful husband as he said meet me at the mall. If you've been paying attention, I like to shop. Still do. So I met him at the mall. He insisted that I buy a little bobble..not too expensive, just something that is "not predictable." We have been so involved with child raising, that these little extras seemed like a luxury extraordinaire.

Without adieu, I obliged, made my selection, hugged my adorable one, and shared the little jewel when I came home with our little live jewel.

Not less than 24 hours later, the call came.
Snap, crackle, pop!

What was to be an abundant month, to say the least, with hopes for the future for our family, the domino effect, came tumbling as fast as hard in the next few months.

Snap, crackle, Pop. That's all I can say. We didn't snap...We are snapping to it. A little blog, a renewed license to get a "real job." and then some sales. Who says you have to be 22?
Crackle, just a bit...sometimes our voices tend to unsteady, but we do some cackle too.
And Pop! We are choosing to remain in the game of life, and build with the new generation.

No comments: